These banana pikelets are a great way to feed the kids after school and use up excess bananas.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs butter melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 bananas mashed
- pinch of cinnamon
- Sift self-raising flour, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk in sugar, butter, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Add mashed bananas and stir mixture well.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil or butter and pour batter to form small circles.
- When pikelets bubble on top, flip and cook the other side until brown.
Serve on their own or with Jam or a dollop of yoghurt and enjoy.