So you have a beautiful pumpkin from your friends at the funky pumpkin, the question is now what to do with it.
Here a recipe the boss made earlier in the week using a Butternut pumpkin.
500g Skinless Chicken cut into chunks(breast or thigh)
3 cups Pumpkin peeled and cubed
1 onion peeled and chopped
3 cloves Garlic peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp white sugar
4 Cups chicken Stock
1. Combine the curry powder and salt in a bowl, add the chicken and coat the chicken in the mixture. Use your hands to rub it in.
2. Heat a large deep saucepan on a medium heat and add the oil onion and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 mins, turning until the chicken browns a little.
4. Add the fish sauce, sugar ginger and chicken stock
5. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 40-50 mins
Serve over Rice (Jasmine is my fav) with some fresh coriander to garnish.