So the other night I made my pumpkin soup this way and my daughter tells be it was the best ever! High praise from a ten year old. So I thought I would share it with you.
1TBSP Oil or Butter
1 tsp Crushed garlic or 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic.
1/2 Tsp Mild Curry Powder
1/2 Pumpkin peeled and chopped seeds removed (or 1 whole if small)
.600gm Kumara or Potato (I used Red Kumara)
1L Stock (whatever takes your fancy, vegetable or chicken, or half and half)
1. Heat oil or butter in a large saucepan
2. Fry onions and garlic until soft
3. Add curry powder to onions and garlic cook for 30 seconds
4. Chuck in pumpkin and kumara – mix through the onions, garlic and curry powder for a few seconds
5. Add the stock
6. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20-30 mins.
7. Blend up soup in which ever way you can (stick blender works best but if you haven’t got a stick blender use a food processor or blender)
If the soup is too thick add some water to thin it
If it is too thin simmer on the stove for a while to reduce it.
Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
You could even swirl through a little plain Greek yoghurt to be really posh!
For another super Pumpkin Recipe see my popular Pumpkin and Chicken Curry recipe (I love this one. Super easy)